Martes, Hulyo 27, 2021

Charles Barkley on the Bucks winning the title: "If you’re not happy for Giannis Antetokounmpo, there’s something wrong with you. He represents everything that is great about basketball."

Q: The result wasn’t what you wanted. But what do you take away from the Phoenix Suns' run to the Finals before losing to the Milwaukee Bucks?

Barkley: “It was amazing. I was really happy for Chris Paul and happy for my city. Living in Arizona, those people were awesome. But Milwaukee was the better team. When I picked Milwaukee to win the series, it was painful for me. I wanted to pick the Suns. But I just didn’t see how the Suns can beat those guys. If you’re not happy for Giannis Antetokounmpo, there’s something wrong with you. He represents everything that is great about basketball."

Q: Giannis has already been a two-time MVP. But how did you see Giannis take his game even to another level more during the Bucks’ championship run?

Barkley: “I don’t think he took his game to another level. I think the other guys stepped up. I thought the addition of Jrue Holiday, PJ Tucker and Bobby Portis were huge. Those guys are mentally tough. Giannis did Giannis things, and he obviously was special in that close-out game. But the guy won back-to-back MVP’s for a reason. He’s great.



Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento