Linggo, Setyembre 26, 2021

[Scotto] Ja Morant on his Top 5 NBA point guards: “I'm a Top 5 point guard… Steph (Curry). I’m a big Chris Paul fan. I’d say Dame (Lillard) and (Russell) Westbrook. It’s tough. The point guard position is so loaded. Some guys have to get left out.”

Source

What are your individual goals or any surprises in your game that might surprise people this season?

Morant: My goals for this season are, number one, to be better than I was my last two seasons. To be an All-Star and make an All-NBA team are my other two goals this season.


What are your long-term career goals?

Morant: Multiple All-Stars. I want to be an MVP. Win championships. I want to be in that conversation when it’s all said and done to be considered with the greatest to ever play this game.


Where do you feel you rank among the top point guards in the game?

Morant: Top 5.

If you’re Top 5, who else is there with you?

Morant: Steph (Curry). I’m a big Chris Paul fan. I’d say Dame (Lillard) and (Russell) Westbrook. It’s tough. The point guard position is so loaded. Some guys have to get left out.


When you and Jaren started playing together, people would joke you guys are the next Mike Conley and Marc Gasol cornerstones for Memphis. What did you make of those comparisons?

Morant: No disrespect to the OGs, but I’m Ja, and he’s Jaren. We’re both totally different persons from that comparison. We have a bright future, so we’ve just got to continue to live up to being two of the greatest duos to play for the Grizzlies, such as Conley and Z-Bo (Zach Randolph) or Conley and Gasol.



Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento