Huwebes, Oktubre 28, 2021

JJ Redick on the evolution of the game "I've tried to provide some middle ground where I acknowledge their greatness in their era. But one of my favourite things a player has said is when Austin Rivers said if he played against Bob Cousy he would be a hall of famer...cz he is not wrong

Other quotes from the pod

"Here is my issue with the old timers when they shit on us saying we couldn't play in their era..I would say this and I don't think this is a hot take..most nba players in today's era could play in any era in the NBA..most NBA players from the 50s, 60s, early 70s could not play in today's NBA. I think that's reality. Offcourse you have Oscar Robertson, Jerry West, Bill Russell, Wilt Chamberlain..the top ten or so players from that era but the talent from 1 to 450 is through the roof"

"Kevin Love is better than 99% of the power forwards on that list (referring to top 75 list)"

Link to the pod

https://open.spotify.com/episode/2xnEPJksnT00XjpaLDMXH5?si=Lo5ZNsUESRCLLGORHrSkWg&utm_source=copy-link

Edit: more quotes

"I don't want to be that guy in 10 or 20 years from now who is shitting on players in 2044..I recognize the game always evolves. I watch these highlight tapes of kids that are like 12 and their handles are Kyrie's handles and they are hitting step back threes and I'm like the game in 10-20 years will look completely different, the skillsets will look completely different..and guess what..they will be better than we were..that's just reality. That's how the game works..it evolves..it gets better"



Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento