Huwebes, Oktubre 28, 2021

Udonis Haslem on the Heat bubble run being called a fluke: "Don’t get mad at me because your favorite team and favorite player was a mental midget in the bubble. Trying to fry chicken and have pool parties and shit, we ain’t here for that. Ain’t our fault motherfuckers was soft! why discredit us?"

Full quote:

"When we first walked in the bubble I let my guys know: get comfortable with being uncomfortable. I set the tone for my guys: I slept on the couch. I wanted to be the first one to make myself uncomfortable. I ordered a whole load of Campbell’s Soup and a bunch of snacks that I like, and got a little water bottle and filled it up with a little Hennessy, and had a lil’ Tequila on the side. I tapped into that dark place to go out there and get it done. I didn’t speak to nobody. I only stayed in my room or played cards with Jimmy [Butler]. Even LeBron, as much as I love Bron, I didn’t hang out with Bron one time in the bubble. My guys need to understand what we’re here for. They’re young: they don’t need to see me kickin’ it with Bron, playing cards with Bron. We here for a reason. I want to beat Bron. I don’t need you confused! They don’t understand how I can kick it with somebody and wanna rip they head off.

I ain’t leave my room. I ain’t fraternize with nobody. And for three, four months, it was just about that. What pisses me off, man, is that people discredit what [the Heat] did in the bubble because we didn’t have a great season the very next season. Don’t get mad at me because your favorite team and favorite player was a mental midget in the bubble. Trying to fry chicken and have pool parties and shit, we ain’t here for that. Ain’t our fault motherfuckers was soft!...why discredit us? The Lakers ain’t make the playoffs the next season either and ain’t nobody sayin’ shit about them!...that takes nothing away from what we did the year before. Doesn’t change that Milwaukee swept us last year, we still beat they ass two years ago! It’s still in the record books! They whipped our ass and we whipped their ass."

From the recent GQ interview with Udonis Haslem, would recommend reading the entire article, some good stories and glimpses into the day to day of the team



Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento