Martes, Nobyembre 2, 2021

[Slater] Draymond on his jumper: “A wise man once told me: If you don’t use something, you lose it… All of a sudden I’m taking one 3 every three games and if I miss it, my percentages go to shit. In 10 games, I’m 0-for-7, my percentage has gone to hell, and then that can fuck with your confidence.”

Source

Could he ever rediscover that jumper even a bit and stretch back into the low 30s? Green went 3-of-8 from deep in the preseason and, small sample, has gone 3-of-5 the first six games.

“The shot feels pretty good,” Green said. “I think when you go so long without shooting, it’s a mental hurdle you have to get over. I’ll say that’s where I am. But I can shoot the shit out the ball. I know that.”

What is that mental hurdle?

“A wise man once told me: If you don’t use something, you lose it,” Green said.

Green is referring to those Durant years.

“Yeah, you don’t use it, and all of a sudden I’m taking one 3 every three games and if I miss it, my percentages go to shit,” Green said. “Before you know it, in 10 games, I’m 0-for-7, my percentage has gone to hell, and then that can fuck with your confidence.”

Then defenses increasingly began to ignore him, as his percentages and confidence waned. That disrespect only hurt the confidence more.

“Absolutely,” Green said. “I’m just getting over that.”

Still getting over that or have gotten over it?

“I’m getting there,” Green said.“A wise man once told me: If you don’t use something, you lose it



Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento