Martes, Enero 18, 2022

Giannis on his #24 in The Athletics NBA 75 list: "There are so many distractions now...you made top 75, you’re No. 24, you’re the Finals MVP, you’re the two-time MVP…I’m tired of this shit… I’m tired of the compliments. Like,OK,I know, but I just want to hoop. I just want to play basketball.

From The Athletics new article putting Giannis at #24 in their all time NBA rankings Full quote:

“At the end of the day, all those compliments, I gotta put them on the side, and you gotta keep on working, because those compliments slow you down,” Antetokounmpo said. “They grab you and hold you back. … ‘Oh. I’m top 24 of all time. I’m the big dog over here.’ That just slows you down. I don’t want to think about that. I want to think about what I can do better.

“There are so many distractions now. Like, you made top 75, you’re No. 24, you’re the Finals MVP, you’re the two-time MVP, or you’re that or this or this or that. … I’m tired of this shit … well, I’m not tired of it, how can I say this? I’m tired of the compliments. Like, OK, guys, I know, but I just want to hoop. I just want to play basketball. I just want to keep playing basketball and see where it’s going to take me. Enjoy the game, every single moment, and that’s what I’ve done my whole career. I’ve tried to play hard, and I’m going to keep playing hard. It took me that far, and hopefully, it takes me even farther.”

https://theathletic.com/3073534/2022/01/18/nba-75-at-no-24-giannis-antetokounmpo-has-become-one-of-the-games-most-decorated-players-in-less-than-a-decade/



Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento