Huwebes, Oktubre 13, 2022

[Murdock] “People make a joke out of it like, ‘Man, he’s too loyal, he don’t want to win, he just want his money,’” Lillard said. “I think a lot of times, people try to put my stance on it as if I’m belittling the guys that do move. And I’m not. I’m just standing on my square about what I believe.”

“I think what’s causing a lot of the movement is the pressure that’s being put on players and athletes,” he said. “About, ‘Oh, he don’t have a ring,’ and they almost make it seem like you just didn’t do shit because you didn’t win a ring. You got people out there like Charles Barkley and Patrick Ewing, Reggie Miller—these dudes is legends. Come on, man, you can’t take nothing away because they didn’t win a championship.”

Lillard had become the poster child for staying put, signing two extensions with the Trail Blazers totaling more than $300 million. “People make a joke out of it sometimes, like, ‘Man, he’s too loyal, he don’t want to win, he just want his money,’” he said. “I don’t take nothing away from those guys. I think a lot of times because of my stance on it, people try to put my stance on it as if I’m belittling or I’m saying something bad about the guys that do move. And I’m not. I’m just standing on my square about what I believe. They can do whatever they want; if that’s what makes them happy, then do it.”

“I want to win as a Trail Blazer,” Lillard said. “I want to win a championship where I am. I don’t think I would feel the same joy and happiness if I did it elsewhere. I would be happy, no doubt. Like winning a chip, you get that experience.

“But I know how I want it.”

I’m a simple man: I see a “Dame loyal” quote, I post it.

Source



Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento