Biyernes, Nobyembre 11, 2022

Cavs assistant coach on Jarrett Allen: "He fixed an outfit the other day. He said, ‘Hey, ‘I’m gonna fix the bottom of my pants; I want you to see'. Allen watched a few clips on YouTube to fix a pair of jeans. He didn’t love the straight cut, so he tapered them by going on the inseam and sewing them"

When Allen’s not on the court, he’s a plant dad of sorts, caring for Monsteras to Parlor Palms, Money Trees, Swedish Ivy and Tulips.

“I just grab a plant every now and then. I like the color green in my house,” Allen said. “Eventually I want to get into gardening. Probably when I’m older and I have the actual space outside to actually create pots, do the little seeds, start the seedlings inside and then when it comes time for growing season – you see I already researched it – move everything outside and get that going.”

Allen is dexterous in the kitchen as well, an interest he developed when he was younger. He experiments with different types of bread. He’ll often bake English muffins and Jewish breads like challah and babka from scratch. But nothing is off limits in his kitchen.

“I made some ciabatta the other day, homemade ciabatta, this garlic pesto sauce, bacon, tomatoes, chicken, it was a good little meal,” Allen said. “It’s just stuff that’s fun to make. I like measuring the stuff out and waiting for the time.”

Cavaliers assistant coach Antonio Lang, who works with bigs like Allen, Robin Lopez and Evan Mobley, said the 24-year-old isn’t afraid to get into DIY projects at home, too.

“He fixed an outfit the other day,” Lang told The Athletic. “He said, ‘Hey, ‘I’m gonna fix the bottom of my pants; I want you to see.’ So it’s always the interesting little things. I’ve learned so much stuff outside of basketball from him.”

That pair of pants? Allen watched a few clips on YouTube to fix a pair of jeans. He didn’t love the straight cut, so he tapered them by going on the inseam, measuring and sewing them.

“I think people really need to know how cool he is,” Lang said. “I’m always telling him that … I mean, the guy walks around with an Afro. No one wears an Afro; that should be cool in and of itself.”

Article



Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento