Biyernes, Nobyembre 11, 2022

Donovan Mitchell on Rudy Gobert: "We gave Utah a lot of special moments. But you know, we didn’t get the job done. Him and I have a great relationship, despite what people may feel. On the court, it didn’t work (in terms of winning a title). I don’t hate Rudy. He doesn’t hate me."

You know, we gave Utah a lot of special moments. But you know, we didn’t get the job done. Him and I have a great relationship, despite what people may feel. On the court, it didn’t work (in terms of winning a title). I don’t hate Rudy. He doesn’t hate me. It was just one of those things where it just didn’t work out, and I feel like we live in a world where everybody’s gotta hate each other and there’s gotta be some negative thing and that’s just not the case. When I see him on Sunday, I’m gonna give him a hug and smile and laugh. And when we’re on the court, it’s time to go at it. That’s really what it is.


Questions: Who were you worried that you were gonna lose?

Darius and (Mobley), JA (Jarrett Allen) — those were the three guys. And I didn’t know the rest of our roster, but Darius and Evan for sure, because I knew what was being asked (of the Jazz in trade talks) from New York.


Question: What all was being asked by New York?

I was told it was RJ (Barrett) and hella (draft) picks. That’s what I heard. And I thought that was happening. I thought that was it. I’m there (on the East Coast) all offseason. I’m there in the summer. So that’s why I thought, “All right, this is gonna be a long haul in Cleveland (if they gave up Garland, Mobley and/or Allen in the deal).” But when I found out those guys were (not in the deal), it was like, “All right, we can really do something. Like, we really could do something.” Nothing to slight the guys that were involved in the deal going to Utah. But for me, it was just like, “We have the talent.” I said it at the press conference: Our talent is scary, but we’ve got to go out there and do it.


Question: So one other thing I have not had clarity on is that if you go back to last year, and we had reported that, essentially, if the Jazz were going to move you that you were focused on Brooklyn, New York and Miami.

I never said that. I don’t know where that came from. I didn’t say that. I didn’t say a lot.


Article by Sam Amick



Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento