Sabado, Nobyembre 19, 2022

The reason there’s so much fan footage of “ladder-gate” is that the Sixers were hosting a special event for season ticket holders and Giannis was holding it up.

Every year the Sixers give first year season ticket holders a chance to participate in “Rookie Orientation”, an event where you go to the game early to hear the ins and outs of your benefits as a season ticket holder. Then, after the game you get to take your picture at center court and then shoot a free throw on an NBA hoop. Pretty neat. I was lucky enough to partake in this event last year, I missed my free throw very badly.

Well, last night was one of those nights. That is the reason that so many videos of the incident were captured so close up, because the fans waiting to go on the court were all lined up and waiting.

I specifically remember that the guy shooting his free throw before me last year asked “Can I shoot a 3 instead?” and the worker said something like “No, I want to go home and I’m not chasing that rebound.”

I think this context is extremely important because Giannis was being called an asshole for all of about 5 minutes for not letting the employees do their job so they can get home. But then The Athletic posted their fluff piece and now it’s Trez and all of the Philly employees that are the assholes.

Also, I understand that one rebuttal to this will be “But what about Trez? Wasn’t he also holding up the event by putting up shots?” To which I say yes, possibly. But do we really think that he was planning on staying late to put up shots? Or does it make much more sense that he saw an opportunity to antagonize Giannis and be the enforcer for the Wells Fargo Center employees? I think that is much more on brand for him.



Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento