Sabado, Mayo 6, 2023

[Neubeck] Embiid voices displeasure with timing of MVP ceremony: “All this attention can be a distraction. I just feel like this type of stuff can happen in another time. You got that whole week between the regular season and the playoffs, right before the playoffs you can do something like that.”

It speaks to what actually matters that Embiid sat at the podium after the game and said that he wished that a moment like this was saved for the break the league has prior to the playoffs, allowing everybody to focus on basketball on the night of a basketball game.

"I thought I got into the game and let the game come to me and not force anything, not play off of my emotions, I thought I was fine the whole week," Embiid said. "I don't think it affected me, but all this attention I feel like it can be a distraction, and I just feel like this type of stuff [can] happen in another time. You got that whole week between the regular season and the playoffs, right before the playoffs you can do something like that."

"But can't take it for granted, wish we would have won tonight it would have made it even better. It's hard for me to sit in here and kind of think about winning that when you're down 2-1 and we're just trying to find ways you can help and win games."

For a guy battling an injury, Embiid looked pretty damn good most of the night, flashing the rim protection and physical dominance that have helped make him one of the best players in the world on a nightly basis. That said, he was 2-for-5 for four points in the final quarter, unable to get to the free-throw line to help boost the numbers.

Beat reporter implying Embiid is a FT merchant lmao

Source



Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento