Lunes, Agosto 14, 2023

[Windhorst] "I just know that Daryl Morey plays games." Insinuates that Daryl Morey and the Philadelphia 76ers were never truly active in trade talks with other teams for James Harden.

Video from The Hoop Collective on ESPN: https://streamable.com/j29pwi

"I just know that Daryl Morey plays games. And he wins negotiations. He routinely, throughout his career, has won negotiations. And that doesn't mean he hasn't lost them. Doesn't mean that's [not] what's gonna happen here... But Daryl Morey plays games. And, I would say, ended what trade talks? What was that? I don't think they were active-- I don't think there's any active trade talks in the NBA right now. Certainly not active for [Damian] Lillard and I don't think there's anything active for James Harden."

Full episode here: https://youtu.be/SwmYgFYrf28

In 2019, Chris Paul was on the record as saying that Daryl Morey actively lied to him about not being traded to the Oklahoma City Thunder.

Last June, Rockets general manager Daryl Morey said he wouldn’t trade Chris Paul during the offseason.

In July, Morey traded Paul to the Thunder for Russell Westbrook.

Morey – according to Paul – told the point guard directly he wouldn’t be traded to the Thunder well after the other major offseason moves around the league.

My initial reaction?” Paul said with a laugh. “I was shocked. Truth be told, I just talked to Daryl a couple days before the trade and he said he wasn’t going to trade me [to Oklahoma City]. That’s funny because that is going to be the alert that pops up on everybody’s phone because nobody knows that. But what the hell, I just said it.”

Source: https://www.nbcsports.com/nba/news/chris-paul-rockets-gm-daryl-morey-told-me-couple-days-before-trade-that-i-wouldnt-be-dealt-to-thunder



Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento