Martes, Setyembre 26, 2023

That time right before the draft when Anthony Edwards said he “can’t watch basketball” and “isn’t “really into it”, said he would leave the NBA for the NFL if given the chance, and took a shot at Dame’s rapping skills

Ant had an interview with ESPN that was published just 3 days before the 2020 draft.

“To be honest," he says, "I can't watch basketball."

So when after that did he get into basketball?

”I’m still not really into it," he says. "I love basketball, yeah. It's what I do."

He's not entirely convincing. He says if he were drafted by the NFL tomorrow, he'd let basketball go. "Because you can do anything on the field," he explains. "You can spike the ball. You can dance. You can do all type of disrespectful stuff." In the NBA, he says, "you can't do any of that. You'll get fined."

He goes on to say that he's an aspiring rapper. He's already recorded a few tracks with his older brother Bubba. So, like Damian Lillard? "But I really can rap," he says. "Dame, talking about -- I don't know what he's talking about. I'm rapping like Lil Baby."

I remember this causing a big stir in the draft community and people saying he shouldn’t have went #1. Looks like it ended up working out tho. If ya’ll wanna read the comments on this sub from when this interview happened, here’s the link



Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento