Lunes, Oktubre 23, 2023

Giannis on Lebron: "For 21 years, you never get in trouble, to be able to take in his family, protect this family, raise his kids the right way, you know, be happily married, all those things, it’s perfect. He’s kind of like setting the blueprint for the rest of us to go forward."

“I think people will look back at that body of work over 20 years or however long it’s been, and when it’s over with, I think they’ll have more respect (for James),” said Damian Lillard, Giannis’ star teammate on the Milwaukee Bucks. “For the guys who are in it like I am, and the rest of us who do this job, got to put our bodies through it and got to deal with the pressure and have to perform and all of these things to go along with our personal lives, I think people like us respect it.

“But when it’s over, what I think you guys, fans that just have watched, will respect him more later.”

Lillard’s first year in the NBA was in 2012, following James’ first NBA title. Lillard said he was in the eighth grade when LeBron made his NBA debut and to this day marvels at how James exceeded the expectations placed upon his career while under unprecedented scrutiny.

“I was watching him on ESPN back then, so to have that type of hype and to live up to it and then some,” Lillard said, “to come out as your all-time leading scorer in this league, to win how he’s won, to be as scrutinized as he is and has been. … I can just respect how he (has handled the pressure).”

Antetokounmpo’s first season was James’ last in Miami. Since, LeBron went home to Cleveland for a second stint, reaching four NBA Finals and winning the 2016 title. Then James left for Los Angeles, where he became the first player in NBA history to be the best player on title teams in three cities.

Giannis now has two MVPs and one championship to his name. He said James has provided the “blueprint” for any star seeking longevity atop the sport.

“For 21 years, you never get in trouble, to be able to take in his family, protect this family, raise his kids the right way, you know, be happily married, all those things, it’s perfect,” Antetokounmpo said. “He’s kind of like setting the blueprint for the rest of us to go forward. That’s what I want. I want to be able to do what I do on the court consistently, be good, be healthy, be available for my team, be able to, you know, raise my family in a bubble away from what I do on the court for them to have a normal life as much as I can. Stay out of trouble.

“And hopefully one day, you know, when I’m done from the game of basketball … maybe you mention me? I don’t know. But he sets up the blueprint for all the athletes that enter the NBA to follow.”

Link: https://theathletic.com/4982115/2023/10/23/lebron-james-final-stage-career/?fbclid=IwAR2xX8lulzx4O5RU-E2-oRWJgZd5zG9Bhse8Qb8AcK0Y1-LMTSNDAMK9DzA



Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento