Martes, Oktubre 24, 2023

[Weiss] Marcus Smart on being traded by the Celtics: "I was told everything was good after asking multiple times. Like, ‘I’m hearing (rumors), what’s going on?’ And they’re like, ‘No, you’re good, you’re good, you’re good.’ And then when I do hear about the trade, it’s from Shams on Twitter"

After signing a four-year extension with Boston in 2021 and cementing his place as the starting point guard, the questions finally stopped. But he understood a deal would come one day.

“If I’m being quite frank, I knew I would be traded eventually,” Smart said. “Just figured it would be the next season, just based off my contract and with the new CBA. We already knew that. But it was just the way it happened. I was told everything was good after asking multiple times. Like, ‘I’m hearing (rumors), what’s going on?’ And they’re like, ‘No, you’re good, you’re good, you’re good.’ And then when I do hear about the trade, it’s from Shams (Charania) on Twitter before I hear from the team.”

Article



Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento